Sunday, December 2, 2007

A Note About the Name

Tortfeasor n: One who commits a tort; a wrongdoer.
Tortfeezor n: More phonetical way to spell tortfeasor.

It's probably way too presumptuous to preface a blog with the announcement that I make my living as an attorney. But since only those of us who were dumb enough to sign up for law school know what a tort is, I suppose the title needs some explanation.
I'm not a wrongdoer necessarily. I keep my nose clean and my head down. But I wanted some kind of cool sounding term to title my blog. This isn't going to be a legal blog, because my idea of leisure isn't a daily dissertation on lost property statutes or the merits of an S-Corp.
Rather, this blog will be about my perfectly average life - a twenty-something, married midwesterner who will likely be the only one reading these posts. But it's a creative outlet. I need that. Like I said...I'm an attorney. The most creative decision I've made all year is the decision to switch the font on my pleadings from New Times Roman to Arial (which is going swimmingly, btw).
So here it is. Post numero uno.
Thanks for reading, faithful audience.

1 comments:

Just Bob, Esquire said...

Dude, have you never heard of Wingdings? That will fuck up a judge's day.