Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sick and Tired

How do you get a cold in 90 degree weather? Well, I found a way. Technically less a cold than a severe upper respiratory infection, its gotten the best of me. I did go to work this morning, but only out of necessity. And forgive me if the illness causes a lag in postings in the next week or so.
The regular reader(s) of this blog will remember my rant a few months ago (the last time I was sick) about a co-worker who rooted through my trash can full of germy, snotty Kleenexes to find recyclable materials. At the time, I was pretty down on her whole hoity-toity 'look at me, I live such a green lifestyle' attitude. Well, she surprised me this morning by making me a mug of hot tea to soothe my throat. While I in no way shape or form condone or forgive her earlier behavior (or endorse herbal teas of any kind), I must say that it was a sweet gesture and even the worst of all tortfeasors can have some redeeming qualities.
Tea is gross. I'm still a firm believer in that, but I didn't want to hurt her feelings.
So I was very discreet in pouring it down the kitchenette drain.

1 comments:

Alice said...

Dude - check my blog. You so have to win the logo contest for OLA. I can share my photoshop skills if you have any ideas. We only have until Wednesday.

Oh, and get better soon. Please.