Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Small Favor

Can somebody pick up my dry cleaning?
I'm serious. It's a simple request. No big deal. It's just that I'm pretty busy this week - lots of TV premieres (Dancing with the Stars is back, baby).
Sixty-one dress shirts. That's it. They'll fit in the back seat of your Corolla. You can even cram them in your trunk. I don't care. They've been heavily starched.
Cyberspace is a big place. Lots of people in it. Surely there's someone out there with some time on their hands after work. Look, on your way to happy hour, the gym or Starbucks. A few measly shirts. Won't take any time at all.
Anyone?
They've been there for a week and half. I've been wearing the same wrinkled Stafford to work for three straight days. Help a brother out. I look homeless. I smell a little.
The folks at the cleaners keep leaving messages. They're sick of staring at the same poplin button-down all month. They'd like to get rid of this order to make some room on the rack. The claim ticket's right there. All you have to do is hit print. It doesn't need to be in color. I've just scanned it that way for your convenience. You can thank me later.
Right there off of Madison in the Wilgro shopping center. Between the BMV and the Dollar Store. Two doors down from Fantastic Sams. I've called ahead. They're expecting you. Listen, it's not like I'm asking you to grab some carry-out from the China Garden across the way or anything like that. But since you're in the area...
Just one catch. But a small one. Okay, you'll have to pay. But I can reimburse you. Not in cash, per se, but we can work something out. I have a drawer stuffed full of Steak 'n' Shake coupons. They all expired 7/31/08, but sometimes the cashier looks the other way.
You'd be doing me a huge favor. And I'd owe you big time. I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks.

0 comments: